Friday 10 November 2006

Angel Heart

I actually heard about this film when I was in London with my class in the spring of 2002. A class mate told me about its story which fascinated me. Afterwards, I tried to find a good deal of the DVD, which I got for some weeks ago at Platekompaniet. So expectations were sky-high when I sat down on Friday evening to watch this one.

The movie is about a detective (Mickey Rourke) who is hired to find a missing person by a shady client with pointy fingernails, played by Robert De Niro. Rourke's investigation leads him into an underworld of voodoo and forbidden desires.

The story is based in 1955, and the film was made in 1987. As people know, I am not a huge fan of such old movies. That’s the reason for why I didn’t like this movie that much. But still, I can imagine how powerful this movie could have been when it was released in 1987.

Category: (supernatural) thriller

Personal rating: 4 of 6

No comments: