Friday 17 November 2006

Don

Some years back, I heard that Farhan Akhtar (super-hit Dil Chahta Hai and flopping Lakshya-fame) is going to “remix” the classical Don. My immediate reaction was: “OK, let’s see what happens”, but I wasn’t so optimistic. In addition, putting our super romantic Shahrukh Khan in such movie didn’t sound like good idea in my ears.

Fast forward, some months/weeks back, the promos of Don started to go on TV, and I just “woow”. Suddenly, after looking at the A-class action scenes I changed my mind, and was really looking forward to this movie. So after waiting throughout ramzan, the wait was over 27th October 6 P.M. Me and my youngest brother was so excited while we were sitting in the cinema hall.

The movie started, off course with an action scene, and slowed down a little bit after wards. However, 3 hours later with this ride, mixed with typical Bollywood masala (songs, emotion, tears, laughs etc etc) we heard: “11 molko ki police Don ko dhoond rahi hai, par ek baat jaan lo, please, Don ko pakarna moshkil hi nehin, ...........”, the public was shocked! They thought, “what happened” while they were walking out of the hall with the pumping techno-theme of Don in the background.

In other words, Don leaved us with an amazing experience and you can conclude that bollywood is experiencing a step forward with this A-class action film in its pocket.

Personal rating: 5+ of 6

The reason for not giving a full sixer is that, despite its qualities of emotion in the picture, the movie lacked soul at some points.

No comments: