Monday 15 January 2007

Alkymisten

Alkymisten (The Alchemist) by Paulo Coelho is one the most of popular books, and has sold over 30 millions copies world wide since it came in 1988. Probably, I do not need to say this because lots of those who are reading this blog, has also read this book. Since so many people had recommended this book, and I got as a birthday gift, I started reading it. After reading 20 pages in a working day and the rest of the book on Sunday, it was finally read. I must say that since it has got so much positive attention, I had great expectations to it. But the book seems to be philosophical, and EVERY ONE who recommended the book forgot to tell me about this small detail. So when I was reading, I couldn’t put the book into any particular category. Finally I found out that it can be called philosophical, which made it easy to understand the book.

However, the book provides another interesting philosophy perspective, and wasn’t so surprising for me at all. I think that for those people who haven’t given so much time to philosophical thinking, may find this book more surprising than others. And consequently, they will like it more.

Despite all these things I have mentioned, the book was good with an interesting story and thoughts.

Rating: 4 of 6

No comments: