Sunday 18 March 2007

Nishabd

I began to watch Nishabd last weekend, but I liked it that much that I recommended it to every customer. Because of this, the limited stock of the DVDs went out of stock shortly after so I had to wait till today to watch the rest of it. In the meanwhile, I watched the trailer a number of times, which you also can do at the following link You Tube.

Therefore, it shouldn’t be a surprise that I liked Nishabd very much. It’s a love story between a 60 year old man and 18 year old girl. Since this is a controversial topic, lots of people have decided to not watch this movie. For those guys, I have to say that despite the special topic, the movie is so well made technically that it is worth to watch it anyway. Off course, this requires some open mind ness and to forget the controversial part of the story for some moments.

In order to present the story optimally, there has been used various techniques. For instance, the use of blue as the background colour functions really nice to further the dark side of the love story. In addition, the background music was simply T E R R I F I C and
A M A Z I N G. A major part of the movie experience was connected to the excellent background score. The music gives feeling of both the traditional sweet love story and the “forbidden love”. Really well done and two thumbs up only for the music itself. There were some tunes which were from the previous movies of Ram Gopal Varma; Naach and Sarkar, but they functioned very well in this setting as well.

Amitabh Bachchan and Jiah Khan have acted well. Especially Jiah has succeeded to show both the innocent side and some shades (sexy) evil. Moreover, I must say that the movie tells about the mentality of today’s youths that they will do whatever they want, but when it comes to the terms, there are lots of things which should be taken into consideration to make a rational decision.

Rating: 5/6 of 6