Monday 25 May 2009

Runaway Jury

I actually watched this John Grisham book-based drama thriller when it came some years back in 2003, and I regarded it as just an average thriller. Still, it managed to get stuck in my mind and I was fascinated by its topic. The story is about manipulation of a court trial by selecting each member of the jury very analytically. This is done by analysing the jury candidates by psychological profiles, blackmailing them by finding their dark secrets etc etc. This actually gives some challenges to the democracy and trust on judicial system. As one of the selection consultants (Gene Hackman) say in the movie; “Trials are too important to be decided by juries”, and this tells us how far some people are willing to go in order to win such cases.

Rating: 5 of 6

3 comments:

The Panorama said...

A good movie and Gene Goodman never lets you down:)

The Panorama said...

Sorry I meant Gene Hackman.

Adeal said...

I totally agree with you :)